Here I sit with a nice cup of Community (that's coffee for those not in Louisiana ), pondering the new year. (Yes, I realize January is 1/2 way over with). I like to take my time to think about my life and how to improve it. In the spirit of 2011, I think I've finally narrowed the list down. It would take way more than 11 things to get me where I want to be. So, here they are:
1. Make one healthy change per week.
2. Scrapbook (or sew) one day each month.
3. Plan my family's menu (and actually cook it!).
4. Try something new each month. (January=blog=check!)
5. Read the Bible more.
6. Make a budget (and actually stick to it!).
7. Submit to Hubs and be a helper to him (VERY difficult for a hard head like me).
8. Show love to others more and serve when/where needed.
9. Early to bed, early to rise!
10. Be "all in".
11. Finish what I start.
and my word of the year: STEWARDSHIP. I have heard that word a lot in church, but have never really tried to incorporate in anything other than my tithe. This year I want to focus on being a good steward of money, time, resources, and other blessings such as family and relationships (these are the best commodities to take care of).