Monday, January 24, 2011

Making do. . .

My DH, Gil is a hard working man.  However, he works in an industry that depends on good weather and high demand in the local lumber mills. Well, it is the wet season. Here in the south we don't have snow, we have "wet" in winter and "dry" in the summer. That means since there is little-to-no money coming in, we have decided that we will be, as my 96-ish year old Grandma would say, "making do."  We have opted for a spending moratorium for anything unnecessary-no trips to Wally World, Kroger, Staples, garage sales, well you get the point.  As if that weren't un-American enough, we have taken it one step further effective Wednesday--no satellite service for 2 months!! Little Man wasn't happy (and I have to say, it was kinda painful for me to make the call!).  I know, however, this is temporary and what the heck-probably gonna be good for us to get back to being a family, not just people congregating around the boob tube for the latest round of reality TV/hunting/cooking/home improvement shows. (Truth be told, I kinda have been wondering what no TV would be like-shhh-don't tell Gil or Little Man they would think I'm nuts!!)  You know what-God promises that if we are good stewards over little, He would make us stewards over much.  But before that, we must put our trust in Him to provide what we NEED, not necessarily what we WANT.  So, Heavenly Father, I am trusting in you to provide my needs. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment