Monday, February 7, 2011

YES WE HOMESCHOOL!!!

I homeschool, but Gil and I both were products of PS.  Bug went to the same school I went to (great school, good test scores on standardized tests), however he hated it.  He was labeled a "problem child" in Pre-K because he wouldn't sit still for 6 hours a day! The nerve of a 4 year old boy! Anyway, I just wanted to HS so that label wouldn't follow him to the middle school (3rd grade).  To my surprise, when we started this school year, my A-B honor roll (straight As in Math) couldn't add 5+2. . .NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND AT ITS BEST!! I was an involved parent (parent teacher conferences, assisted with homework daily-I had no clue!)  The only problem that was EVER brought to my attention was his behavior.  Needless to say, I am very disenchanted with public school. We do teach Bible in our home school, but it is something we did anyway and was not a major factor in the discision for hs. sorry for the vent.

P.S. If DS ever does want to return to PS, he probably will be allowed to, but I will make frequent visits to the school to insure he does not fall behind again...I want my child to live up to his potential, not down to current expectations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment