Monday, September 24, 2012

I'M BAAAAACK!!!!!

Wow! Has it really been over a year since my last post? Oops. I've been busy, busy, busy.
Quick recap:
About a year ago now, Chuck was cast to be in a movie!!! Background-but hey, it's a start.  He was severely bit by the acting bug on set.  We waited a long time to go to the set, but once we got there, my sister in law and I watched Ryan Phillipe film a scene. So neat to watch Hollywood in action.  I think I was not star-struck, but totally mesmerized by the whole experience.  Had a great time, would love to do it again.  The movie will be in theaters Dec 4th. So you can guess where I'll be that day-watching for the classroom scene and hoping to see him on the big screen.  He'll be so disappointed if he ends up on the cutting room floor. :(

Right after Thanksgiving break, my homeschooling career was abruptly cut short!  Chuck had begun to be very disrespectful and after repeated warnings, I had had enough! If he didn't go back to school, I was absolutely have a nervous breakdown.  He had little rough patches in readjusting to public school: He had not been since 1st grade, but overall it was a successful year.  This year is gonna be rough! Fourth grade in Louisiana is Pass/Fail depending on standardized test scores.  I'm hoping for the best--he should be fine.

In the spring, I needed something to do other than my nursing job.  I was asked by Chuck's teacher to watch her class for a day when she would be testing-I loved it!  I started being a sub and enjoyed every grade I worked with.  With our income issues in the last few years, I knew I could go back to school on grants.  So, this past summer, I re-enrolled in my old alma mater, but this time, my major was education.  So far, so good.

I'm excited about this chapter in my life.  I will be able to graduate with a BA in history and minor in education in the Spring of 2014.  With this I can teach history/social studies at the secondary level (6-12).

Gil's job hasn't been going so well. A bunch of grown men acting like Jr. High girls-backbiting, name-calling, and overall immaturity! Hopefully, things will change, or a new job will open up.

Most recently, I became a distributor for Young Living Essential Oils.  So far, I've only had to take Excedrin once in the past 2 months.  This is a major milestone: I usually need it 5-7 days each WEEK. MAJOR!!  Thinking about organizing a meeting with some close friends to share.  I also want to learn how to give a Raindrop therapy for overall healing.  I am loving the fact that God has given us PERFECT medicine without the nasty side effects of pharmaceuticals.  I need to reevaluate my biofeedback to see what oils I need now.

Well, that's pretty much sums up my last year.  Pray for my family-we are going through some not-life-threatening-but-tough trials.


No comments:

Post a Comment